Farewell to a lovely early Showa-era, art deco building, the Watanabe Building 渡邊ビルヂング, on the west side of Hamamatsucho Station 浜松町駅 in Tokyo (Google Maps).
I’ve also seen it described as an example of Imperial crown style 帝冠様式 (teikan yoshiki) (source). According to The Architecture of Tokyo: An Architectural History in 571 Individual Presentations, by Hiroshi Watanabe, teikan yoshiki is described as follows:
Here is a before-and-after from 2015 and 2016.
The Watanabe Building in 2013 and 2014:
- Architecture map of Tokyo
- Meiji 明治, Taisho 大正 and Early Showa 昭和 Architecture in Tokyo
- Imperial crown style network 帝冠様式ネットワーク
- Watanabe Building page (Imperial crown style network)
- Imperial crown style (Japanese wikipedia)